The polymer we use the most is Silicone. Silicone Rubber is available in many different grades, and is used for a variety of applications. The main applications are in the Food Industry and the Medical Industry. This is because Silicone has the following characteristics:
1. High Heat Resistance and Thermal Stability - Silicone is resistant up to 220 Degrees Centigrade, making it ideal for use in cooking and other high heat applications
2. Low Toxicity - Makes it very useful for Food Contact Applications.
3. Low Thermal Conductivity - Makes it very useful for Insulating applications.
4. Low Chemical Reactivity - Makes it useful for sealing applications. Please contact us to inquire about compatibility.
5. Does not support Microbiological growth and is Physiologically Inert - Making it ideal for Food and Medical applications.
6. Resistance to Oxygen, Ozone, and UV Light - Making it useful for outdoor applications.
7. High gas permeability - Making it ideal when aeration is required.
8. Does not stick to many substrate - Useful for a high number of food, sealing, and human contact applications.
9. Is easily Colorable
10. Feels velvety to the human touch
It is one of the versatile and widely applicable materials on the planet, and Acron can help you find the right Solution in Silicone!